Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Late Bloomer

Photo Credit // Yildiz

In about two weeks I'm going to leave the comfort of my warm bed and loving parents to embark on the greatest journey of my life. I'm leaving for college. I know that most of you are probably already in college and for that I envy you. Unfortunatly The Ohio State University is on a quater system and so I won't walk into my first class (Spainish 3.66) until September 23. So until then I'm stuck at home watching Full House reruns and checking my facebook status every thirty seconds even though I know that no one is on. My life right now is a pathetic spiral of Xbox games and online shopping. However, this late start did give me the oppurtunity to spend some time with my mom.

Honestly, I hope all of you have a good relationship with your parents. I know that they can be naggy and nosy and altogether annoying BUT who else is going to have your back when you don't have two nickles to rub together and you need textbooks or food? That's something to think about isn't it?

In the mail today I finally got my Amazon.com order for The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: College by Joshua Piven. Most of the time I don't get into books that claim to be able to help you "get the most out of your college experience", however, this one is not only helpful it's delightfully charming and humorous. It can really help you with any WORST case scenario. Anything from how to decorate your room when your broke to how to survive class when hungover. I look forward to putting some of these tips to use! 

For those of you that are stuck at home like me please enjoy this playlist. These songs have helped me battle the stuck-at-home blues and I hope they perk you up a little too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment