Search This Blog

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Stress Test

I'm not even at college yet and already I'm ready to explode. Honestly. I've been packing for days and days and my room looks like a war zone! My stuff is everywhere and I can only hope that I have everything that I need, but that's not even the terrible part. Oh no. What's really stressing my out is that I got about five e-mail from the different organizations that I'm already part of telling me about the special dates and mandatory events that I need to be at. Of course they're all at the same time on opposite sides of the ridiculously large campus! But the good news is that I've already got it pretty much under control. So if you run into this problem here's how I dealt with it. 

How to Balance Activities on Campus

Decide What your Top Priority Is
If it's a sorority or a sport you have to figure out what is going to come first. 

Don't be Afraid to Ask for Compromise
The advisors are there to help you so don't be afraid to e-mail and ask if it's alright to be a little late to a meeting. Or ask if it's alright to skip it altogether, not all meetings are mandatory. 

Sometimes Enough is Enough
You can't do everything, it's not possible. It's difficult for me to accept that as well but it's the truth. There's no reason to over stress yourself, sometimes the best option is to just let something go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment