Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Reality Check

To be perfectly honest I've only been here for about four days and I really really want to go home. I'm being a huge baby about this because I only live about two hours away but this was so much harder than I thought it would be. I thought it would be easy to leave my parents and their absurd rules behind, I thought it would be easy to pick up living on my own but here's the thing: It's not. I'm going to push through this and I'm going to stick it out of course. I told myself early I wouldn't be one of those people who came home at Thanksgiving because she couldn't handle it. No, that's not me at all. I will admit to all of you that it's hard. I miss my mom so much and every time I call her I try really hard not to cry. I haven't gotten into the swing of college yet so I'm hoping that once the fun starts (and hopefully it will very soon) I won't wish for the next two months to be over. 

Things I Miss About Home
  1. My Mom, I can be such a baby about my mom but she's very seriously my best friend and I talk to her about everything. I will not let myself call her everyday even though I really really want to. 
  2. Food., this kind of goes with the first one. I like college food and everything but I actually have to go and get it. No one makes it for me and sets it down in front of me and makes sure I eat right. I have to do that myself. 
  3. My brother. 
  4. My mom
  5. My dad
  6. My mom. 
  7. My mom doing my laundry. 

Okay so I just really miss my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment